Program & Speakers
Join more than 1,300 healthcare real estate professionals from across the nation at BOMA's 2019 Medical Office Buildings + Healthcare Real Estate Conference, the industry's premier education, networking, and business development event.
BOMA features over 25 education sessions including keynote addresses and concurring sessions grouped into education tracks that examine the business of healthcare real estate in depth. Tracks include:
• CAPITAL MARKETS explores the latest trends in healthcare real estate transactions and financing
- Development from a Health System Perspective
- The Year's Most Notable and Interesting Deals
- Healthcare Real Estate Investors' Capital Strategies
• COMPLIANCE & REGULATION examines key legal and regulatory issues affecting leasing, development and aquisitions
- The Complex World of Regulatory Requirement and Conditions of Participation
- Is Your Lease Structured Correctly? Yes? No? Not Sure?
- Insights into Value Implications of Today's Healthcare Delivery Models
• DESIGN INNOVATION covers the new landscape of facility design and development of non-traditional healthcare settings
- De-institutionalizing Healthcare through Design
- Health Urbanism: The Next Chapter in Healthcare Design
- Riding the Wave: Disruptive Forces in Healthcare Delivery
• LEASING & MANAGEMENT examines the outlook for leasing and property management in today's healthcare environment
- Recruiting Physicians for a Health System, Strategies to Help Fill Your MOB
- Managing Your MOB Transition Through Changes in Hospital and Landlord Ownership
- Risk Management: Assessing Healthcare Property Risk in Today's Changing Healthcare Environment
• PROVIDER STRATEGIES focuses on health systems' innovative approaches to real estate strategy
- Managing the Patient Experience
- Keeping Up with the Joneses: Maintaining Your Asset Base
- Discussing Healthcare Real Estate Disrupters
- Local Market Trends: The Minneapolis Market
• DEVELOPING LEADERS provides tips and strategies for growing a career in healthcare real estate
The 2019 program is still under development. Check back soon for more program details!
Earn Continuing Education Credits
All sessions at BOMA qualify for RPA, FMA, SMA, SMT, CPM, ARM and CCM renewal and continuing professional development credits. Complete and submit the CE form available at the conference so that BOMA may issue you a Certificate of Attendance, which you may then submit to the organization(s) that administer your professional credentials.
BOMA is also an approved AIA-CES provider. Sessions in the Design Innovation Track are eligible for AIA Learning Units (LU). There will be sign-in sheets in each session that is AIA eligible.
Some sessions may qualify for CE credits required for real estate license renewal in states where self-reporting is permitted. If your state permits self-reporting, please complete and submit the CE form available at the conference to BOMA for a certificate of attendance.